Previous | Next --- Slide 45 of 54
Back to Lecture Thumbnails

I'm still confused about the physical meaning of divergence and curl. So the divergence indicates how the shape change(the direction and the magnitude of the change), and curl indicates how the shape twist around, right? And I could not figure out the how this can be used in computer graphics...


These look a lot like magnetic and electric field drawings, could you use curl and divergence to make visualizations of magnetic field simulations?


Is this kind of like simulating some forces...


@tcl1 I remember that the divergence and curl can indicates the magnetic field when I study the electromagnetism. We use the scrap iron to indicated the magnetic field.